Friday, September 19, 2008

Tokyo Rockabilly Club: Harajuku City Gang

I spent almost all of Sunday in the Harajuku/Omotesando neighborhoods of Tokyo. It's the area where a lot of artists, fashion-conscious teenagers, musicians, and eccentrics hang out. When I got near Yoyogi park (similar to Central park, only better), I noticed a couple of 50's rockabilly types hanging out by a pink cadillac. A couple of hours later, as I was leaving the park, there were a bunch more of them dancing to Rock & Roll music near the park's entrance. There were only one or two girls dressed up, it was mostly older Japanese men, with a couple of younger guys. It was a lot of fun to watch! 

That's one of the younger guys that was part of the gang, the rest looked a lot older. 


I love this guy's attitude. 


No comments: