Friday, September 12, 2008

Chuseok

This weekend is a big holiday weekend in Seoul. It's Chuseok, a holiday to celebrate good harvest. Most Seoulites will be heading into the countryside to enjoy big feasts of traditional Korean food with their families.

A big holiday equals presents for moi. I was really hoping for a spam gift set but sadly I did not receive one. I did get some other equally strange gift sets though. Just not as funny. 

Chuseok Gift Breakdown:

13 bars of soap 
6 jars of different fruit jam
6 tubes of toothpaste
2 huge boxes of dried seaweed 
Clarins facial products
a set of chopsticks with a table cloth 
some various Dove and Vaseline products
some jewelry
some socks
My replacement will definitely be inheriting most of this. He will never have to buy any soap or toothpaste for a year. 

ALSO, I leave for Tokyo tomorrow morning! Check back for those posts next week, sometime after Tuesday. 

No comments: