Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ginza


My first night in Tokyo, I checked out the Ginza area, which is where Namiki Dori is located. It's supposed to be Tokyo's equivalent to New York's 5th Avenue. Really, I just wanted to check out the Apple store, cause it's just been too long since I've seen a 30 foot back-lit Apple logo. Anyway, I thought Namiki Dori was more impressive than New York's 5th Avenue. There were a lot of architecturally interesting buildings and while Namiki Dori was pretty busy and housed most of the bigger designer names, there were also some quieter side streets with cute restaurants and shops with lesser known brands. I had dinner at Ten-ichi, which is one of the best tempura places in Japan (well, according to Lonely Planet). I tried some "white fish," tiger shrimp, and squid tempura. It was delicious! 

Namiki Dori



Audemars Piguet Boutique

There were some really fancy cars parked on the street. I am not a car enthusiast, but this one sure is pretty. 




No comments: