Monday, August 18, 2008

More Visitors + Korean Folk Village

Maria and Julie left Seoul today. I had a really great time with the both of them. We explored Insadong and Samchung; visited Gyeongbuk palace; ate a lot of frozen yogurt and pajeon; tried out Dr.Fish, I'll post photos and explain this one later; enjoyed a 14 dish royal dinner and a cultural performance at Korea House; and we went to the Korean Folk Village. 


At the Korean Folk Village, there were a lot of old houses set up to walk through, acrobatic and cultural performances, stores selling Korean goods, some museums, and various activities (like pottery making) set up. They even had a haunted house. When we passed the haunted house,  a kid came out of it crying. This deterred me from trying it out. I get scared quite easily. If you've watched scary movies with me, you probably already know this and understand why I skipped out. 

My camera ran out of battery life pretty early on, so I don't have too many photos. But here are some from the performances we saw. I'll share some of Maria's photos when she gets her's online. 

The See-Saw girls were neat. They got pretty high and some of them did flips in the air. 



These guys were awesome. They would flip/twirl/spin in the air multiple times in a row. I have no idea how to describe it or what the technical term would be, but it was cool. I would've gotten so dizzy.
This guy did some break dancing. Some of the drummers had ribbons attached to their hats that they twirled around by moving their heads. It was a much cooler version of the ribbon dancing that I was forced to do in my 3rd grade P.E. class.

We also saw a tight rope walking performance. It was a very old man and he was really impressive. He hopped across the rope on one leg, he would sit on the rope and bounce back up on his feet, and then he did some sort of duck walk across the rope. 


No comments: