Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Goodbyes and Woodstock

Cathy and Greg left Monday morning. While they were here, we discovered my new favorite bar in Seoul. If I could, I would transport it back to Chicago. Maybe if my plans don't work out this fall, I'll just open a Woodstock in Chicago.



The music collection was crazy good. We heard the Stones, the Beatles, Radiohead, Talking Heads, Jeff Buckley, Arcade Fire.... It was perfect. They also had one my favorite beers -- Leffe Brun. Whenever I drink it, I think of my time in Belgium. Those are some great memories. The Woodstock we went to was in Gangnam, I've seen other bars named Woodstock, in other neighborhoods, but I'm not sure how similar they are to this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you ever make it back to Gangnam, you may want to try the other Woodstock bar in Yeoksam-dong. (www.facebook.com/Woodstock.Music.Bar.Gangnam) You would never find it by accident (I used to walk by almost daily for about a year), but it's even nicer than the one on Seocho side. Cheers!