Friday, May 30, 2008

The Yellow Sand Blues

Yellow Sand season starts in the beginning of spring and lasts till summer (then, it gets replaced by monsoon season). I didn't notice it too much before, except for a handful of days where the skies were hazy and slightly yellow and I got headaches just from walking outside for ten minutes. This week was pretty bad. I usually have a nice view of Surak mountain from my desk at work, but all I saw yesterday was yellow. There's a site I go to check the concentration of yellow sand in the air, and the levels had gone from "moderate health concern" to "hazardous to your health". I've basically had a sore throat for what seems like forever and I barely had a voice this week (teaching all day doesn't help). The yellow sand definitely won't help.

I didn't take a photo yesterday, but it wasn't as bad as the above photo (i really hope I never have to witness that) but it was a little worse than the one below.

No comments: